I'm So Lucky

I was laying in bed just now and a thought came to mind that was so powerful, that I absolutely had to come write about it. There I was, snuggled under my covers, swimming in pillows and sheets when I thought to myself... "I'm so lucky to have all of this."

Even with all of the bad going on and how hard this past year has really been for both me and my family, I have so much to still be thankful for. I looked around my bedroom and I remembered all those nights I would lay in bed awake next to my ex-husband and just cry because I was so miserable. I remember all the times I prayed, begging God to cut me some slack and get me out of that situation. I was so lost and so fearful that that was the life I was doomed to have until either my ex died or I did.

And now here I am. Things are tough financially, sure... but they won't be forever. I have a wonderful husband who has been my absolute rock through everything this past year - my divorce, us losing Hailey and all of the other hardships life has thrown at us. But yet we're still pushing along. We have a beautiful home. We don't live in the most exciting of places, but we're lucky to have it. We have everything we need to get by in this world. And I fully believe that if he and I stick together, things can only get better for us.

I finally have plans in my life. I finally know exactly what I want to be when I grow up. My husband is so intelligent and I know he's really going somewhere in life. All that's missing now is for our baby to be home where she belongs and everything will fall into place.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Take advantage of special offers from our sponsors!