Reclaiming Youth

Ladies, do you remember those totally cute shoes you had in high school that you really loved? They were comfortable, stylish and went with just about everything you wore. Well today, mine found their way back home on my feet.

My ex husband's father let me know that he had more of my stuff to give to me. I guess my ex doesn't have the balls to face me and give me my belongings himself. So I was given this huge bag of shoes, big bag of clothing and a small box with some pictures and knick knacks in it. I open the bag of shoes and in excitement, I clutch my favorite pair of white sandals to me and beam with pride.

I slipped them on and to my surprise, they actually fit considering I've given birth since the last time I remember wearing them. A lot of my other shoes in this bag won't even make it past my toes. Guess my feet spread and got fat. *sigh* In all fairness, most of them are super slinky, strappy heels that I wore from the ages of 14 to 17.

I feel like I reclaimed a part of my youth... a part of me that was missing in an odd way. I mean, I got really excited over this simple pair of shoes. My husband thinks it's silly, but even he said that he's a man and doesn't have any special bond with his shoes. Ha!

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Take advantage of special offers from our sponsors!