What is 230?

This question has been haunting my husband and I for days!

It all started while he was playing a game. He saw an advertisement for "230" and it's only come on more frequently as the days have passed. I tried Googling for the answer but honestly, the more you try to find out about it, the more it will drive you crazy.

Ya see.. no one really knows what it is and despite the advertisements looking like the picture you see to the left [I'm guessing we'll know the answer on August 8th?] we aren't really even sure if the 8-11 means August 11th or August 2011! [I dunno about you, but I will go insane if I have to wait until 2011 to find out what's going on.]

I found what I believe is the website associated with the advertisement, but like everything else, it asks the same question... WhatIs230.com! I've found no solid proof as to what this is all about. I've heard claims about it having something to do with General Motor's Cheverolet Volt which is due out in 2011. WhatIs230.blogspot.com is a good place to go for information... I think.

Being big into marketing myself, I at first thought that this was a fantastic advertisement. I know it got my attention and it's clearly gotten the attention of others as well. But then as the days have gone by, it's honestly gotten a little creepy. Now when the ad comes on, I picture the smiling outlet with horns and the jingle that plays with the ad certainly isn't helping.

Watch this to get the full effect. You'll see what I mean!

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Take advantage of special offers from our sponsors!