The Usual Suspects

My name is Kimberly Rose, but you can call me Kimi. I'm 23 years old and I am a work at home mom. I'm originally from New Orleans, Louisiana but despite living there for the first 11 years of my life, I still call Colorado "home". I did most of my real growing up there.

I have been doing graphic design and web development for the last 6 years. I'm not particularly fantastic, but I really enjoy the work. I develop 3D content for the virtual world of IMVU. It's currently my main job focus.

I'm a high school graduate and a college drop-out. Hopefully I'll have the chance to go back to school in
the next couple of years for something I'm really interested in - rather that going to school because my parents are forcing me to.


Charlie is my fantastic husband. He's 33 years old and originally from Richfield Springs, New York. He suffers from gigantism and is 6 feet, 8 inches tall. We make a fun pair.

He has an Associate's Degree in Criminal Justice with a minor is Forensics. Unfortunately, that gets you nowhere in the small town we live in. So until something better comes along, Charlie works for AT&T Wireless 411. It's a crappy job, but it pays the bills.

I'm lucky in that my husband has this amazing passion for so many things in life - criminal justice, security, cooking and most importantly - family. It takes an incredible man to not only fall in love with a woman who has been through a lot emotionally, but to fall in love with her special needs child.



Hailey is the glue that holds this family together. She's my 2 1/2 year old daughter and the most amazing toddler I could ever imagine. She's so well behaved that it scares me.

Despite being diagnosed with Autism in February 2009, Hailey continues to improve and is sure to win your heart with just one smile. She's incredibly intelligent and has a vibrant glow about her and spectacular taste for life. She has so many quirks and it's what I love about her most.

Hailey loves jumping! It's her absolute favorite pastime. If you've got a bouncy chair nearby, you're sure to find her on it. She loves looking at books and being read to. She loves puzzle time on Noggin and watching TV with her mommy.




Cinders is my adopted, fuzzy son. He's our male, bombay cat. At a whopping 15 pounds, he's my fat and annoying house cat.

He's highly intelligent - too smart for his own good if you ask me. He knows he owns us and he makes sure to remind us every day at feeding time. Cinders is more of a dog, really. He will play fetch, come when he's called and listens to several commands.

Talking is what Cinders does best. This cat almost never stops meowing. He loves to "talk" about his day with us - particularly in the morning. Above all, he's mommy's special boy. He loves to snuggle on his own terms and is always there to give love and even kitty kisses!




Flora is the true baby of the family. She's our 1 1/2 year old purebred miniature daschund and what I like to call my red-headed step child. At 9 1/2 pounds, she's fully grown! Flora was the runt of her litter, but don't let that fool you. Despite her size, she can kick your butt (trust me, she whoops up on her brother, Cinders all the time.)

She loves to play fetch and bask in the sun. Running around outside is what she does best - apart from sleeping. She's usually found wrestling with Cinders or hiding under a pile of blankets somewhere, snoozing.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Take advantage of special offers from our sponsors!