My Own Health Insurance

I finally have my own nifty health insurance complete with shiny, plastic card. It's through Charlie's job and it's Blue Cross / Blue Shield. What's so blog worthy about all that?

Well, it's the first time I've ever had REAL health insurance before.

Okay, not that anyone's health insurance is fake - it's just that I've never had any that I was actually paying for. I've had health insurance through my parents, medicaid during my first pregnancy and then TriCare during my previous marriage. So finally I have health insurance not paid for by my parents or the government. It's kind of a big deal to me.

I'm rather excited. Sure, the cost sucks and the $20 co-pay for each doctor's visits kind of sucks too - especially since I'm so used to everything being free with TriCare. But it's mine and that's all that matters! So now if I decide to break something, I can go to the doctor. Hooray!

Fortunately, Hailey is still on TriCare and will be until she's 18 (or maybe it's 21? I'll have to double check that). So all of her medical costs and prescriptions are still completely free and let's face it - she's going to be at the doctor a heck of a lot more than I will be.

Anyways... So right now I have a temporary card that just has Charlie's name on it - but I can use it for myself if I need to. When my card comes, it'll still have my damn maiden name on it (I really need to go change my name).

1 comments:

Holly @ August 7, 2009 at 11:50 AM
This comment has been removed by the author.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Take advantage of special offers from our sponsors!