Remembering 9-11

It seems almost cliche at this point, but I always feel the need to acknowledge 9-11. I wonder sometimes how the families who lost loved ones feel about the day and the fact that millions of people talk about it every year and bring it up. Does it bother them? Is it like sand in an open wound?

Of course, I have no idea what it's like to be in their shoes... but I can't help but wonder if it would become agitating to have people talk about it like this every year. I mean... I almost feel obligated in some ways. How many people hold remembrance vigils because they really care and how many people do it out of pure conscientious obligation? Believe me when I say I really do care and every year at this time, those families come into my mental focus. I say a prayer for them and hope that the day finds them able to look back to their lost loved ones and be at peace since the attacks on the World Trace center now eight years ago [yes eight.. can you believe it?].

And as I type this, I only add fuel to the fire. But I like I said... I really do care. I may not be able to understand what they are feeling, but I honest to goodness care that they may still be hurting.

If you truly care [and seriously.. CARE - not just want other people to think you do] say a prayer for those families today. If not the remembrance of the events hurting them, I'm sure media in its many forms is doing so.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Take advantage of special offers from our sponsors!